Comment on page
Highest Fixed 1,822,684.19% APY
APY stands for Annual Percentage Yield. This measures the real rate of return on your principal amount by taking into account the effect of compounding interest. With Lanuna Finance, your $LUNU tokens represent your principal, and the compound interest is added periodically on every Rebase event (Every 6 minutes).
Your new principal amount is your then-current $LUNU token amount, plus your new rebase token amount. This total amount is what gets calculated for your next rebase rewards.
The Magic of Compound Interest - It is important to note that your balance will grow not linearly but exponentially over time. Taking a compound interest of 0.01120%/6 minutes, or 240 times a day.
- Example 1: If you started with a balance of only 100 $LUNU. After a year, your balance will have grown to 1,822,684.19 $LUNU
Lanuna Protocol with constant compound interest for a perpetuity. Each interest cycle (rebase period) is 8 minutes in length and is referred to as an EPOCH.
There are 240 epochs per day and 87,600 epochs per year.
- Epoch 1 - 87,600: 0.01120% every Epoch (First Year)
- Epoch 87,601 - 175,200: 0.00112% every Epoch (Next Year)
- Epoch 175,201 - 613,200: 0.00011% every Epoch (Next 5 Years)
- Epoch 613,201: 0.00001% every Epoch (In Perpetuity until max supply is reached)